Tuesday, May 8, 2007

It's a Boy!

I received a SMS from Duminda around 5ish in the morning saying "Thanuja gave a Birth to a Baby Boy." I jumped off the bed with excitement and called my friend to pass on my good wishes. During the last week I called him twice to confirm the expected date of confinement, when I rang I seldom felt any excitement yet ordinary as usual. That's him! He told me that both Thanuja and new born are doing well. I was so touched when he told me that I'm the first person to know about the great news! I was overwhelmed and went speechless for a moment....I deeply wanted to be there with him.

I first met him as a vendor in late `99 while I was working at Dialog, since then he became a trusted and close friend of mine. Duminda is a smart yet successful, witty IT/Telco salesman with a very good self esteem and a warm heart. He was always just phone call away whenever I need him....

We have already decided to spend lots of time in SL on our December trip, so I will be meeting all my (few) friends.....first time after being away for 2 years from loved ones.

No comments: